Submit Schedule Changes
Student Records receives many schedule changes from all departments and asks that you follow these guidelines to ensure that schedule changes are communicated clearly.
Whenever you are making changes, always cross out (strikethrough) the information you are changing or deleting.
1. Always name the term in which a course is offered. It is ok to do this as an email subject line or header within the message.
- Here is a course description for the fall 08 course METHS-300-01
- Here is a course description for METHS-300-01
2. Always give the entire course number including section when referring to a class. You can add the synonym if you like but always include the course number as well.
- 130 FINAR-604-06; FAS: Public Strategies CAR 101 to: GCC1 GC8
- 130 CAR 101 to: GCC1 GC8
3. When submitting a time change on a course with multiple meeting times, be sure to list all times for that course and clearly note which time is changing.
- 459 CRTSD-200-05; Foundations in Critical Studies
SANF LH T 04:00PM 05:30PM
TBA T 05:30PM 07:00PM to: SANF 103 T 5:30-7pm
- 459 CRTSD-200-05; Foundations in Critical Studies to: SANF 103 T 05:30PM - 07:00PM
4. New faculty – If you are listing new faculty who are not yet approved by academic affairs, bracket or parenthesize their names.
- 943 INTER-216-02; Materiality & Space 1 Staff to: Jane Smith, (Janet Johnson)
- 943 INTER-216-02; Materiality & Space 1 Staff to: Jane Smith, Janet Johnson
5. Course title is helpful in schedule changes only as back-up information in the case of a typo in the course number; it’s not necessary if you’re sure your course number is correct. When changing course title, please refer to both the old and the new title, and remember that the database will only allow 29 characters in a title, including spaces and punctuation.
- 1242 WRLIT 304-04 L: TBA to: Mad Girls, Bad Girls
- 1242 WRLIT 304-04 L: TBA to: Mad Girls, Bad Girls: Writing Transgressive Female Subjectivity
When Student Records is given a title that exceeds the 29 character rule we will reduce and enter the title to the best of our ability. We suggest that you make your own title that works with 29 characters and include that title with your original submission.
Download the latest copy of CCA's Faculty Handbook.
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Divisions
- Teaching Resources
- Faculty Development
- Faculty Promotion Review
- Faculty Governance
- Director/Chair Resources
- Accreditation and Assessment
- Student Affairs Overview
- Faculty Forms
- Faculty Handbook