Chair Review Procedure
Regular three-year (six semester) evaluations of program chairs:
This evaluation includes a review of chair performance in different aspects of the position along with an assessment of overarching program and college needs. Director asks chair in 5th semester if he/she would like to continue to chair after the 6th semester.
- if interested in renewal inform director by end of semester 5 and submit a letter to the director early in semester 6 stating this interest, detailing accomplishments in the position thus far, and outlining goals for the next three years.
- request one letter of evaluation from a ranked program faculty of the chair’s choosing. The letter should describe that faculty member’s experience of working under the chair.
- request at least one letter of evaluation from another ranked faculty in the program of the Director’s choosing. The letter should describe that faculty member’s experience of working under the chair.
- request a letter reviewing the chair’s performance from another chair.
- inform all the program faculty that they may provide additional information, confidentially if requested, to director (in an e-mail, phone call, letter, or meeting).
- request confidential feedback from program manager/coordinator based on his/her experiences working with the chair.
- report to provost and associate provost findings of this review, and make a recommendation regarding the chair’s continuance.
- Solicit feedback from other non-academic departments as appropriate.
- Conclude Review process no later than the middle of semester 6.
- Inform chair of the decision, ideally not later than week 10 of semester 6.
Download the latest copy of CCA's Faculty Handbook.
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Divisions
- Teaching Resources
- Faculty Development
- Faculty Promotion Review
- Faculty Governance
- Director/Chair Resources
- Accreditation and Assessment
- Student Affairs Overview
- Faculty Forms
- Faculty Handbook