The managing editor oversees a wide range of published materials, both printed and electronic, the represent the college to the outside public. These materials include:
- CCA Wattis Institute for Contemporary Arts exhibition catalogs, brochures, and signage
- public programs brochure and web calendar listings
- Glance, CCA's college magazine
- graduate and undergraduate catalogs and viewbooks
- marketing materials
- press releases and efluxes
- scholarly and promotional materials for the academic programs and lecture series
- advancement and fundraising pieces
- and more . . .
The managing editor assesses manuscripts for the level of editing required, and works closely with authors through the many phases of preparing their texts for publication. This person hires and manages freelance editors and designers; writes feature articles, alumni profiles, and other materials for all purposes and modes of distribution; and obtains images and permissions to reproduce them from artists, museums, and galleries.
455 Irwin Street
San Francisco CA 94107-2247