Over the past 12 years, CCA has developed an extraordinary reputation for high-quality, unique summer study-abroad programs.
All courses are developed and led by CCA faculty. Some are interdisciplinary and should be of interest to students from many different disciplines; others are discipline specific. Please be sure to review the prerequisites for the course that interests you.
Summer 2013 Study-Abroad Programs
Undergraduate & Graduate
- Argentina/Chile with Leonardo Zylberberg (FULL)
- Berlin with Karen Fiss (H&S / Visual Studies)
- Berlin with Antje Steinmuller+Chris Falliers (FULL)
- Iceland with John Zurier (Interdisciplinary)
- Italy: Rome, Ravenna, Venice Biennale with Mariella Poli (FULL)
- Japan with Douglas Akagi (Design)
- Paris with Erik Adigard+Laurence Arcadias (FULL)
- Marfa, Texas with Shaun O'Dell* (FULL)
- New York Studio with Linda Geary* (Painting)
* While New Mexico, New York, and Texas are not overseas, they are worlds away and provide additional unique opportunities for students to explore a venue outside of California. Registration policies and deadlines are the same for these three courses as for all summer study-abroad courses.
If spots are still available in a study abroad course, students may register in the course once they have received instructor approval. Check individual course descriptions for instructor contact information.
After approval has been obtained, students must register in person at the Student Records Office on either campus.
CCA summer study-abroad programs are designed for current CCA students. That being said, in the event that there are any unfilled spots in a program after March 25, we are happy to enroll strong students from other AICAD schools and other colleges/universities into the program. Please contact the Office of Special Programs if you wish to explore this possibility.
Fall/Spring International Exchange
CCA provides two unique programs that allow students to learn about international cultures: summer study abroad (described on this page) and international exchange (described at International Student Affairs & Programs (ISAP)).
Office of Special Programs
Oakland campus, Ralls 201
Dean of Special Programs
Operations Manager, Special Programs