Please follow the application instructions listed below to apply for Pre-College 2013 -- June 24 to July 19.
2013 Tuition & Fees
$55 application fee
$2,800 tuition (art supplies and lab fees included)
$50 registration fee
$895 Housing. (Optional meal plans available)
Download the Pre-College application and remit via fax, mail, or in person.
A complete application includes the following four requirements:
- Application ($55 nonrefundable fee required)
- Tuition deposit ($125 refundable through May 6)
- Official high school transcripts
- Housing deposit ($100 refundable through May 6) Only for students who are interested in on-campus housing; no separate application is required.
The following students have additional application requirements:
Official, sealed transcripts from your institution may be sent with your deposit or be sent from the school directly to the Pre-College Office.
Transcript must includes grades from fall 2012.
All transcripts must be in English or accompanied by a certified English translation of the original.
Home-schooled applicants should submit detailed syllabi of courses (equivalent to grades 10–12) and details of curriculum you are pursuing through any public or private agency (including community college transcripts, if applicable).
Any materials that need to be sent in, should be mailed to Office of Special Programs: Pre-College, 5212 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94618 Are you having trouble uploading images online for your scholarship application? If so, email them to email@example.com. Please include your first and last name in the email.
Pre-College Tuition Refund Policy
Students who withdraw for any reason must do so in writing. The postmark date will be honored as the withdrawal date. Please allow six weeks for processing. Refunds are made according to the following schedule:
- Withdrawal on or before May 6: 100 percent refund (minus the $55 nonrefundable application fee). No housing refunds will be issued after May 6.
- Withdrawal on or before May 31: 80 percent tuition refund only (minus the $55 nonrefundable application fee).
- Withdrawal after May 31: NO REFUND
Students who apply to the program after May 31 must pay in full and are not eligible for refunds. Also, if a student is asked to leave the program for violations of school policies or regulations, no refund will be issued.
You will be charged $25 for any check returned to CCA by your bank.
Applicants who meet the March 11 priority deadline or March 22 scholarship deadline will be notified by April 22 of admission, housing, and scholarship decisions.