Chimera leaders (CL) play an integral role in helping students transition to college life. They introduce new students to the campus and guide them through myriad academic, social, and artistic opportunities California College of the Arts offers.
As representatives of the college, they serve as positive role models for new students, offering friendly assistance and answering questions from students and parent alike. They communicate CCA's mission, policies, and procedures, as well as ensure students uphold appropriate conduct.
The CLs gain invaluable personal and professional experience via their roles and responsibilities because they:
- Attend and participate in summer training sessions
- Promote interaction among new students during small-group discussions, icebreakers, meals, and social activities
- Coordinate with other CLs and the orientation staff to develop, implement, and evaluate the orientation programs
- Provide administrative support for the program
Only a select number of students is accepted as a leader. A student must be a returning, full-time student, as well as remain in satisfactory academic and disciplinary standing through the spring semester.
Students must meet the following criteria for CL consideration:
- Excellent leadership potential and experience
- Good academic standing, with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Clear judicial standing with no current judicial sanctions
- Commitment to the mission of new student orientation
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of team members, students, and parents
- Desire to learn about all aspects of the college life, from academic studies to policy and procedures
- Demonstrated record of flexibility, responsibility, and willingness to assist others.
- International Students
- Admitted Undergraduates
- Admitted Graduates
- Financial Aid
- Student Accounts
- Why CCA
- Plan a Visit
- Admissions Events
- Tips for Educators
- Enrollment Counselors
- Parent/Guardian Advice
- Facts & Figures
- Contact Info