Make a Living Doing What You Love . . .
Whether your discipline is fine arts, design, architecture, or the humanities, braving networking events like the Career Expo is a critical step toward establishing the future of your dreams.
Attending the Expo
Students and alumni do not need to pre-register for the Expo. Check-in tables will be in The Nave and we encourage you to pick up a free tote bag and complete our Expo survey!
What to Expect
- Connect with creative directors & recruiters, designers, museums, and arts organizations to spark future opportunities
- Show your portfolio and résumé
- Share your vision
- Practice professional preparedness techniques
- Learn more about creative industries and make new contacts
How to Prepare for the Career Expo
- Take a look at this handy list of tips for getting the most of the Career Expo
- Attend one the Career Development Office's Expo Prep workshops on Fridays in February 2013. Sign up today!
- Research all potential employer websites; visit the recruiter page for our growing list of 2013 employers.
- Prepare your résumé and have it reviewed. Can't make the Expo Prep workshops? Attend a weekly Resume Critique or schedule an appointment with a Career Development Career Fellow to review your résumé before the event. Current students may also take advantage of the Writing Coaches to review resumes. As you might imagine, there is a high-demand for resume edit services leading up to the Expo, so plan ahead.
- Discuss presentation, contents, and order of the work in your portfolio with faculty members in your department.
- Plan your outfit. Select something professional, clean, and presentable.
- Make a business card for yourself. We recommend MOO and Vistaprint but there are many other places, including Green Copy across the street from the Oakland campus.
Attending CCA's Career EXPO
- Keep in mind many companies are interested in meeting students across multiple disciplines. Approach everybody—you never know!
- Introduce yourself (prepare an introduction), and then be prepared to ask questions.
- Pick up business cards and literature. Provide company representatives with your resume or business card as appropriate.
- For those companies that interest you, inquire as to the best way to keep in touch with the representative after the Expo.
Still have questions? Please contact the Career Development Office.
Who Is Recruiting?
See which businesses have participated at CCA's Career Expo.