Use of Studios
See Studio Resources (shops) for a comprehensive explanation of the college's studio shop policies:
- Accident/Emergency Procedures
- Studio Orientation Safety Rules & Guidelines
- Materials Policy
- Storage & Cleanup
Conduct while working in the studios should be governed by respect for others. This includes attention to noise level, respect for personal property and artwork, and appropriate use of equipment and facilities.
In Oakland, students must observe local noise ordinances that prohibit loud noise and amplified music after 10 p.m.
In San Francisco, students should use earphones in labs, studios, shops, and offices from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m.
Students must also use studios appropriately: they may not use the studios for temporary shelter or allow them to be used as temporary shelter by anyone else.
It is assumed that all students are creative, hard-working individuals who respect each other and each other's work. Damage to another person's artwork or property will not be tolerated and may result in immediate dismissal from the college.
End-of-Term Studio Clean Up
The deadline to remove all personal items from studios and lockers is 4 p.m. on the Monday immediately following the end of the term, unless notices are posted with an earlier deadline. Materials remaining after the deadline will be disposed of immediately, including artwork.
Loss of Studio Privileges
All policies in the Student Handbook will be enforced, including those regarding safety, alcohol, and rules of conduct. Any violation of these policies will result in loss of access to the campus beyond normal class hours and/or other disciplinary action.
San Francisco campus address
1111 Eighth Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Oakland campus address
Oakland, CA 94618
Crime Reports: Oakland & SF Campuses
To view a year-by-year comparison of crime statistics for either campus (three years back up to the previous year), follow these instructions:
- Visit U.S. Dept. of Education: Campus Safety & Security
- Click the text in RED in the upper right-hand corner
- Type "California College of the Arts" in the institution field (Note: Just the college name is sufficient)
- Hit enter or "Search"
- Select either San Francisco or Oakland campus
- Student Handbook
- Academic Policies
- College Regulations
- Academic Integrity Code
- Campus Guidelines
- Communication & Correspondence
- Drug-Free School & Workplace Program
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act
- Missing-Student Policy
- Policy Prohibiting Sexual Misconduct
- Policy Review Petitions
- Reporting Sexual Misconduct/Harassment
- Reproduction of Student Work
- Student Code of Conduct
- Use of Studios
- Crime Awareness & Public Safety
- Tuition & Fees