The following materials have been compiled to support faculty members in their efforts to provide effective and innovative teaching. This evolving resource engages CCA faculty directly with current, practical resources in the science and art of teaching.
The following pedagogical resources illustrate the college's commitment to fostering excellence in teaching and to promoting informed discussions of student learning within the CCA community.
See also CCA's Learning Resource Center that features a helpful list of selected Writing Resources designed specifically for students. We encourage you to add the URL http://www.cca.edu/students/resources/writing to your syllabus.
Art & Design–Based Teaching
- Center for Excellence in Teaching at Fashion Institute of Technology
- O Teaching Matters Blog (Otis College of Art and Design)
- Writing Across the Curriculum at Pratt
- The Center for Teaching and Learning at Stanford University
- Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence at Carnegie Mellon
- Handbook on Student-Centered Teaching from Georgetown University
- The NYU Center for Teaching Excellence Online Resources on Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Effectiveness Center at the University of Oregon Resource Exchange
- Tip Sheets from the Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning at Harvard
- The University of Santa Cruz Center for Excellence in Teaching (CET)
- Chronicle of Higher Education—Academe Today
- Tomorrows Professor—“Desktop faculty development 100 times a year” sponsored by the Stanford Center for Teaching and Learning.
- America’s National Service Learning Clearinghouse—Higher education
- Learn and Serve America—Supports and encourages service learning throughout the United States.
- Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning—Articles written by faculty and service learning educators on research, pedagogy, and other issues related to academic (curriculum-based) service learning in higher education.
- Merlot Pedagogy—Teaching strategies: Team teaching
- Vanderbilt Center for Teaching -- Team-Based Learning
Writing/Composition Instruction / Assignments
- MIT Online Writing and Communication Center
- University Writing Program: Writing Across the Curriculum—Faculty workshop handouts
- The Writing Across the Curriculum Clearinghouse—Supporting scholarly exchange about communication across the curriculum.
- Writing Across the Curriculum, University of Wisconsin, Madison
CCA CARES TEAM
See CCA Cares for support during difficult personal and academic circumstances.
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Divisions
- Teaching Resources
- Faculty Development
- Faculty Promotion Review
- Faculty Governance
- Dean/Chair Resources
- Accreditation & Assessment
- Student Affairs Overview
- Faculty Record Report
- Faculty Handbook
- Union Info