Image Library & Photography Needs
The Communications Office has numerous stock images available for use in CCA materials. Our collection includes images of the San Francisco and Oakland campuses, student work environments, student and faculty artworks, and CCA events.
The permissions have already been secured, so you do not have to obtain permission to use any of these images.
Image Use Considerations
- Use images in a manner that reflects accurately and positively on the school
- Be respectful of the photographer's work and any artwork shown (e.g., do not crop images in a way that makes the photographer look inept, or that compromises the intent of an artwork)
- Credit the photographer on larger projects (all Communications image files are tagged with the photographer's credit line)
- Use images at the appropriate resolution for your medium (print vs. web)
If you cannot find a suitable image in our stock library, we can assist you in hiring a photographer to take new pictures.
If your project requires new photography, Communications can assist you in hiring a freelance photographer. Before contacting us, please have available:
- Summary of your project/intent/audience
- Outline of the images you need
- Notes on any special permissions or location access that might be required
Image Size Guidelines
As you are selecting and/or resizing images for your project, keep in mind that print and web have very different requirements. Disregarding image size and resolution will result in poor-quality reproductions, which will reflect poorly on your project and CCA.
Submitting Images to Communications
Communications keeps an archive of images for use in promotional materials, on CCA's website, in student and faculty web galleries, and for archival purposes. We are always looking to augment our image archive and welcome submissions from the CCA community. If you would like to submit your images of CCA events, student and faculty work, or the campuses, please be sure to:
- permissions (if applicable) from anyone appearing in the photographs, and for use of any location that is not owned by CCA
- Submit files at the highest available resolution
- Embed full credit/caption/date info using the File / File Info dialog box (for instance: "Jane Smith with a student in the printmaking studio, John Smith Photography, May 2008”)
Submit your image files on a CD or via the secure CCA Dropbox:
- Log in by clicking the "Login" button and entering your CCA username (email alias) and password.
- Click the "Drop Off" button and you will be prompted to enter your email address and the recipient's email address.
- To upload files, click the "Browse" button to locate the files on your computer.
- Select the files. (If you have several files to upload, you may want to create a zipped folder rather than uploading the files individually.)
- Click "Drop Off the File(s)."
- When the upload is complete, an automated message will inform Communications of your submission.
If you have an extensive collection of images or very large files, it is best to submit them to Communications on a CD or DVD.