Work-Related Injuries

CCA employees must immediately notify their supervisor and Human Resources when a work-related injury or illness occurs, no matter how minor. The college wants its employees to receive proper and timely care.

Strict guidelines exist for properly reporting illness and injuries. Delays in reporting can result in postponement in or nonpayment of treatment. As an injured worker, it is your responsibility to report accurate and timely information.


  • Notify Human Resources (see Contact Info for any work-related injury or illness which occurs. A Human Resources representative will assist in determining the required course of treatment. Should the injury or illness occur after regular business hours, or if immediate medical attention is required, contact Public Safety for assistance at 510.385.1821 (Oakland) or 415.621.239 (San Francisco).

  • In some cases, first aid will be all that is needed, and HR will complete an injury report to keep on file.

  • If medical treatment is required or desired, the injured employee will be referred to one of the medical facilities listed below. Human Resources will provide the necessary forms and authorization for treatment.

Oakland Campus

Emeryville Occupational Medicine Clinic
6001 Shellmound St., Ste. 850, Emeryville

Concentra Medical Center
384 Embarcadero West, Oakland

US Healthworks
2850 7th St., Ste. 100, Berkeley

After-Hours Emergency
Alta Bates Emergency Care
2450 Ashby Ave., Berkeley

San Francisco Campus

Bay Medical Center
2 Connecticut (at 16th St.), San Francisco

Concentra Medical Center
728 20th St., San Francisco

Concentra Medical Center
110 Sutter St., Ste. 3, San Francisco

After-Hours Emergency
St. Luke’s Hospital Emergency
355 Cesar Chavez St., San Francisco

Employees have the right to predesignate a personal physician for the treatment of work-related injuries. All predesignation forms are kept on file in Human Resources. If the employee indicates they have predesignated a personal physician, please contact Human Resources at 510.594.3683 for further assistance.

Note: If a student or campus visitor is injured, report it to the Student Affairs Office or a Public Safety officer.