The Model Making Studio is a large, well-lit shop that contains many essential pieces of equipment for student use including saws, sanders, and vacuum forming machines. (listed below).
A tool chest of commonly used hand tools is available for in-shop use. A large, centrally located work table outfitted with two vises and a curtained-off sanding area with two downdraft tables and two air cleaners are also available.
The sanding area features a collection of sanders, grinders, and other abrasive tools for in-shop use.
Hours of Operation
General Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sat.-Sun., noon-9 p.m.
Note: The Model Making Studio is closed for classes:
- Monday: 8-9 a.m. & 1-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8-9 a.m.
- Thursday: 9:30 a.m.-noon & 4-6 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Delta compound miter saw
- Delta mini band saw
- Mini drill press
- Delta scroll saw
- Mini chop saw
- Mini table saw
- Rockwell Delta 12-in. band saw
- Vacuum forming machine, 16 x 24-in. sheet size
- Jet bench top milling machine
- Powermatic drill presses (2)
- Milwaukee panel saw
- Saw Stop table saws (2)
- Delta table saw
- 8-in. bench grinder
- Powermatic lathe
- Grizzly spindle sander
- Jet 20-in. disc sander
- Delta 8-in. disc/1-in. belt sander
- Delta 12-in. disc/6-in. belt sander
- Router table
- QVAC vacuum forming machine, 32 ¼ x 38 ¼-in. sheet size
San Francisco Studios
CCA’s San Francisco studios are a collection of shared resources that support all SF-based departments. Access is available to all current students and faculty upon attending the individual facility's policy and safety orientations.