About the SF Welding Studio
The SF Welding Studio is an outdoor work area where students can perform basic metal fabrication.
Designed for artists and designers who wish to integrate metal into their work, the Welding Studio is a compact facility that is both refined and versatile. Students learn basic metal fabrication skills including welding, frame lay-out, tap & die threading, torch cutting & hot bending. This facility is in the courtyard of the Hooper Graduate Center in compliance with SF Fire Department regulations.
Be sure to review the San Francisco Studio shop requirements (at right).
- Millermatic DVI MIG welder
- Miller Diversion 165 TIG welder
- Spoolmate spool gun (for aluminum welding)
- Oxy/acetylene torch
- 75-lb. Ferrier anvil
- Delta benchtop drill press
- Spot welder
- Milwalkee portable band saw
- Delta 4-in. angle grinders (2)
- Milwalkee 7-in. angle grinder
- 4 x 4-ft. rolling layout table
- 4-in. post vice
Visit the Welding Studio calendar.
San Francisco Studios
CCA’s San Francisco studios are a collection of shared resources that support all SF-based departments. Access is available to all current students and faculty upon attending the individual facility's policy and safety orientations.