SAN FRANCISCO CAMPUS AND OAKLAND CAMPUS
2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
JOB # 2213
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with 21 undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, comics, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, film, fine arts, visual and critical studies, and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. Diverse cultural perspectives enrich the CCA community and the college believes that continuing to expand the horizons of the students and faculty is essential to achieving its educational objectives. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students.
There are two positions available one on our Oakland Campus and the second on our San Francisco Campus. These positions serve as Receptionists for Enrollment Services on the San Francisco campus, working occasionally on the Oakland campus; as well as on the Oakland campus, working occasionally on the San Francisco campus, and in addition performs data entry for the Enrollment Services Office to establish and maintain admissions; first point of contact for visitors, electronic correspondents and callers; schedules appointments for inquiries, admissions counseling and academic advising, and performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Enrollment Operations
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Services Office
- Serves as Receptionist and first point of contact for visitors and callers to the Enrollment Services Office.
- Receives incoming calls on multi-line telephone console and provides information to the public regarding college services, programs, Enrollment Services special events and general financial aid information. Provides updated information to current CCA applicants regarding admission materials.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Enrollment Operations in maintaining and updating the student database and related tasks. Provides detailed information to Assistant Director regarding any problems with paper and online inquiries.
- Processes undergraduate applications and documents for admissions to the college.
- Maintains Enrollment Services email account corresponding with interested parties regarding CCA admissions procedures, programs, Enrollment Services special events and deadlines.
- Schedules appointments for Enrollment Services.
- Sorts campus mail and receives deliveries.
- Assistant Director of Operations, Assists Office Manager, and Director of Admissions with clerical tasks and special projects.
- Assists Director of Operations with student employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Extensive experience in customer service/relations, public relations or reception. Ability to demonstrate good judgment when communicating effectively with diverse individuals; understand and accurately communicate the College’s programs and policies; perform efficiently under pressure. PC/MAC proficiency (MS Office Suite environment) and Network/ database experience. Skill in data entry and word processing with accuracy; working productively while attending to detail, and with frequent interruption. Knowledge of College admissions and/or financial aid processing and/or experience in an education and/or arts related environment highly desirable. Equivalent to an Associate of Arts degree preferred. Experience using and supporting Datatel Colleague or similar ERP software highly desirable.
SALARY: Applicants are requested to state salary history and requirements; position includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest (referring to the specific campus you are applying to), resume and contact information for three professional references to:
California College of the Arts
Human Resources (Job #2213)
Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file. Documents larger than 10MB, should be submitted on CD and forwarded to CCA as indicated above.
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. NOTE: If you wish to be notified of the status of your application for this position, please provide a current email address on your resume or cover letter.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.