Get Info Fast
- About Public Safety | Public Safety emergency contact list (PDF)
- Bomb threat information sheet
- CCA phone lists
- Campus maps
- Damage assessment form
- Emergency drill review form
- Emergency response team training evaluation
- Evacuation & relocation checklist
- General emergency information
- General self-inspection form
- New employee orientation checklist
- Rave emergency notification system
- Workplace security policy
Building Safety Features
Safety features for 1111 8th Street and 80 Carolina Street include fire and smoke detection and alarm systems.
Both 1111 8th Street and 80 Carolina Street are equipped with smoke detectors, pull stations, strobe alarms, illuminated exit signs, fire extinguishers, and emergency lighting.
The Hooper Street graduate studios are equipped with smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and illuminated exit signs. Each floor of each building has posted evacuation floor plans that indicate the route for exiting the building and identify the location of all fire equipment.
Fire Alarm & Smoke Detection
Fire alarm pull stations and smoke detectors are located throughout the buildings at 1111 8th Street and 80 Carolina Street. Once activated, a signal is sent to the fire control panel, which indicates the location of the alarm. Public Safety responds to all alarms.
If an elevator malfunctions, passengers can press the alarm button, which allows communication with the operator, who will summon a trained technician.
ABC fire extinguishers are located throughout all buildings. Should you use any extinguishers, you must notify Facilities or Public Safety, so that a replacement extinguisher can be provided.
Materials safety data sheets can be found in the studios or the Facilities Department.
Located in the Machine Room, Bench Room, Model Shop, the Alternative Materials Library, and the Painting Studios.
Located in the Print Shop, Jewelry / Metal Arts, Sculpture, Textiles, First Year studios
First-aid materials for treatment of minor injuries can be obtained at the Office for Student Life, campus switchboard / reception desk, at all sinks, and at prominent locations in studios on each campus. Materials for treatment beyond first-aid levels will be provided through emergency medical services (EMS). Materials for symptomatic relief will not be supplied.
Public Safety Contact
On campus (SF & OAK): Dial 9510 from any campus phone, including Webster Hall
Off campus: Dial 415.703.9510
See also Emergency Resources.
Crime Reports: Oakland & SF Campuses
To view a year-by-year comparison of crime statistics for either campus (three years back up to the previous year), follow these instructions:
- Visit U.S. Dept. of Education: Campus Safety & Security
- Click the text in RED in the upper right-hand corner
- Type "California College of the Arts" in the institution field (Note: Just the college name is sufficient)
- Hit enter or "Search"
- Select either San Francisco or Oakland campus