Over the past 17 years, CCA has developed an extraordinary reputation for unique summer study-abroad programs, designed and led by CCA faculty.
Some courses are interdisciplinary; others have a particular focus but are open to students from other disciplines.
Summer 2016 Destinations
Summer study-abroad registration will begin Monday, February 22, 2016.
- Aix-en-Provence in the south of France with Allison Smith (this program only: open to students between their freshman and sophomore year as well as more advanced students)
- Berlin (FULL) with Antje Steinmüller & Chris Falliers
- Iceland (FULL) with Brook Hinton
- Italy: Milan, Florence, Rome, Naples (Interdisciplinary) with Mariella Poli
- Japan (FULL) with Doug Akagi
- Japan (FULL) Anime/Hiroshima Animation Film Festival with Steve Segal
- London/Milan/Amsterdam (FULL) with Mara Holt Skov
- London/Paris (History of Illustration) with Randy Chavez
- Paris (Design focus) with Erik Adigard & Jeremy Mende
- Scandinavia (Design & Furniture focus) with Leif Petersson
- + New York Studio with Linda Geary
(While New York is not overseas, it is a world away and provides an additional unique opportunity to explore a venue outside of California. The same registration policies/deadlines apply.)
See International Student Affairs & Programs (ISAP) for fall and spring international exchange opportunities.
Office of Special Programs
Oakland campus, Ralls 201
Office Hours: Monday–Friday
8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Dean of Special Programs