Anita Amirrezvani's first novel, The Blood of Flowers, has been published in 31 languages, has been on bestseller lists in Holland and Lithuania, and was longlisted for the 2008 Orange Prize for Fiction.
Her second novel, Equal of the Sun, was published by Scribner in 2012 and has been translated (or is forthcoming) in Croatian, Dutch, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, and Turkish.
She has also co-edited an anthology: Tremors: New Fiction by Iranian American Writers, (University of Arkansas Press, 2012), the first anthology of its kind, for which she co-organized about 20 panels and events, including a sold-out program at the Asia Society in New York.
Anita has been an invited speaker at dozens of events around the world. Highlights include:
- Edinburgh International Book Festival in Scotland (2007)
- Book Expo America in New York (2007)
- Adelaide Writers’ Week in Australia (2008)
- Emirates Airline Festival of Literature in Dubai (2009)
- Toronto International Festival of Authors in Canada (2012)
- Asia Society in New York (2013), San Francisco (2010), and Washington, DC (2008)