It takes a new kind of leader to innovate and create strategic solutions for an increasingly complex, interconnected world. Download brochure »
The Leading by Design Fellows program at California College of the Art (CCA) provides executives and senior professionals the insights, skills, and confidence to lead change that creates lasting, sustainable business and social value.
The Breakthrough Program for Today's Leaders
CCA’s Leading by Design Fellows program brings together the most vital disciplines, mindsets, and skills you need to drive real, transformative change:
Design thinking | Business strategy | Leadership | Sustainability
Graduates of the Fellows program receive a Certificate in Innovation Leadership.
CCA is one of the world’s leading colleges of art and design. Building on its legacy as an innovator, CCA is also creating breakthroughs in business education.
Through our Leading by Design Fellows program and our MBA in Design Strategy program, CCA is at the forefront of training the current and next generation of business leaders to design the best possibilities for the future.
Expand and Sharpen the Skills That Count
Develop and refine the skills and mindsets you need to be better positioned as an innovative leader and change agent within your organization and field.
- Gain the understanding and advanced skills to embed sustainability and systems-thinking principles into the design and management of business structures and processes, products, services, and business models
- Learn cutting-edge techniques for customer and design research, branding and messaging, and innovation implementation
- Enhance leadership skills to generate results, build excellence, and create meaningful value
- Deepen critical-reasoning abilities to distill and prioritize needs and goals for better decision making and think and lead farther and faster
- Develop and hone entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial skills for innovation
- Boost communication visual, written, oral skills for more effective management and engagement
Work with the Best, Surpass your Best
Each highly interactive, hands-on residency combines lectures, presentation, and discussions with experts in their fields, exercises in applying techniques, and lab time for projects.
In addition to CCA faculty from the MBA in Design Strategy and Design programs, we feature visionary guest faculty and special guest speakers, such as:
- Tim Brown, CEO, IDEO
- Chris Conley, founding partner, Gravity Tank
- Steve Diller, founder, The Scansion Group; DMBA associate professor; author of Market Insight and coauthor of Making Meaning
- Bob Dunham, founder, Institute for Generative Leadership
- Elizabeth Glenewinkel, associate partner, Gravity Tank
- Nathan Shedroff, chair of CCA’s DMBA programs, author of Design is the Problem and coauthor of Making Meaning
- Lisa Solomon, DMBA adjunct professor; founder, Innovation Studio; and coauthor of Moments of Impact: Design of Strategic Conversations
- Charlie Sutton, creative lead and head of studio, Advanced Design, Nokia
Between residencies, participants collaborate with faculty and peers online via discussions, readings, and webinars that build on concepts from one residency to the next.
A Distinguished Network
Graduates are designated California College of the Arts Leading by Design Fellows, an elite, growing community of business leaders and changemakers.
Fellows also join the larger CCA alumni network for graduates of the MBA in Design Strategy program.
Potential Fellows should be executives or senior managers who are currently in or advancing into leadership positions of increasing responsibility.
The 2014 Fellows Program begins July 10, and meets one weekend (Friday and Saturday) per month through December 2014 on the CCA San Francisco campus.
The future of business starts today. Your future starts here. Apply now!
Note: The Leading by Design Fellows program is neither a degree program, nor does it award CEU credits. For questions regarding financing options, please contact Leading by Design Fellows program Director Susan Worthman at firstname.lastname@example.org.