Erin Clancy is a film editor, music video director, and director of photography who has worked at film festivals internationally (England, Ireland, Berlin, Uruguay, and Cambodia).
In His Own Words
"CCA provided an exciting and diverse artistic experience. I was able to explore a variety of creative avenues such as screen printing, glass blowing, photography, and film. I was encouraged to push my ideas and concepts further and question limitations and boundaries.
"CCA allowed me to think outside of the box and apply a unique angle to the work I do. Being surrounded by inspiring professors and peers set me up for a future of creative success."
Awards & Accolades
- YEAR 33 (directed by Kathryn Lejeune)
- Writer's Block (starring Emmy Award-winning actor Bryan Cranston), a short film directed by Brandon Polanco that made national headlines (USA Today, the Huffington Post, and the Washington Post)
- Directors' Research Tapes, a short-documentary film extra for the HOWL DVD, a film by Academy Award-winning directors Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman (Telling Pictures) and starring James Franco
Director of photography
- Silver Screen, directed by Julie Gratz
- Uruguay Carnival documentary, directed Thea Bieling
Clancy also collaborated with video artist Jason Akira Somma, and the resulting work screened at the Guggenheim Museum in New York as part of Works and Process, curated by Robert Wilson.
Jeffrey Friedman instilled in me the positive and productive work ethic of an editor.
Julia Shirar tuned me onto the world of audio and the importance of sound, and Caveh Zahedi opened my mind to new concepts and expanded my creative perspective.
Barney Haynes showed me the endless possibilities and creative applications of media.