In addition to the Painting Lecture Series, our program offers two uniuque programs to foster students' interests and build professional skills:
- Notes from the Studio
- Open Critique
Each event series features CCA Painting/Drawing faculty (and friends) in the intimate and casual setting on the San Francisco campus.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Spring 2016 Lineup
- February 3: Ernesto Burgos
- February 24: Libby Black
- March 16: Taravat Talepasand
- April 6: Pamela Wilson-Ryckman
The Open Critique series is an experimental public forum designed to expand the critical dialogue and concerns of the Graduate Fine Arts program at CCA. These critiques are led by current faculty and guest critics from the larger arts community including writers, curators, gallerists, and artists, among others.
It is our hope that through these critiques we will open up the conversation that occurs within the Graduate Fine Arts program to the larger community and simultaneously begin to engage the arts community in the critical dialogue happening within the school.
We welcome graduates, undergraduates, and faculty to attend.
- Featured artists: Nicole Aponte, Garth Fry, Carolina Weinberg
- Guest critics: Kim Anno, Glen Helfand, Dushko Petrovich
- Featured artists: Evan Kirkman, Jennifer Shada, Benjamin Cirgin
- Guest critics: Ben Peterson, Allison Smith, Karla Wozniak
Past Open Critique Participants
Lorenzo Cardim Dealmeida
Tammy Rae Carland
Brion Nuda Rosch
Bryan Keith Thomas