This summer immerse yourself in a creative community while earning 3 college credits.
Program Dates: June 22-July 17, 2015
CCA's Pre-College Program is an exciting opportunity for high school students to study art, architecture, design, or creative writing in an art-school setting.
Our program provides a perfect platform to expand your knowledge, grow as an individual, develop strong portfolio pieces, and get a taste of college life.
As a Pre-College student you will find inspiration in this unique environment. Approximately 250 students attend each summer, many of them from around the country or abroad; 160 of these students reside in CCA housing.
The Bay Area: An Ideal Classroom
While taking courses on CCA’s beautiful and historic Oakland campus, you can explore the San Francisco Bay Area’s rich culture and geography.
The Bay Area’s combination of thriving urban centers and wild open spaces has long been a draw for creative individuals. Plus, an abundance of culture and history exists here:
- the commercial creative endeavors of Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Zynga
- cutting-edge design firms such as IDEO, Landor, and MetaDesign
- the legacy of the 1950s Beat poetry scene
- world-renowned museums including the Asian Art Museum, the de Young, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- architectural projects by Renzo Piano, Daniel Libeskind, and Herzog & de Meuron