To apply for the 2014 Pre-College Program, please follow the application instructions below.
A complete application includes the following requirements:
- Application ($45 nonrefundable fee)
- Tuition deposit ($125 refundable through May 16)
- Official high school transcripts
- Housing deposit ($100 refundable through May 16) Only for students who are interested in on-campus housing; no separate application is required.
The following students have additional application requirements:
We encourage all applicants to apply online using the CCA online application.
Alternatively, you may download the printable application form(PDF) and remit via fax, mail, or in person.
Official, sealed transcripts from your institution may be sent with your deposit or be sent from the school directly to the Pre-College Office.
Transcript must included grades from fall 2013.
All transcripts must be in English or accompanied by a certified English translation of the original.
Home-schooled applicants should submit detailed syllabi of courses (equivalent to grades 10–12) and details of curriculum you are pursuing through any public or private agency (including community college transcripts, if applicable).
Any materials being mailed should be sent to the following address:
Office of Special Programs: Pre-College
Oakland, CA 94618
Applicants who meet the March 10 priority deadline or March 21 scholarship deadline will be notified by April 18 of admission, housing, and scholarship decisions.
2014 Tuition & Fees
$45 application fee (nonrefundable)
$2,875 tuition (art supplies and lab fees included)
$50 registration fee (nonrefundable)
$925 Housing. (Optional meal plans available)
Note: You will be charged an insufficient-fund fee of $25 for any check returned to CCA by your bank.
Pre-College Tuition Refund Policy
Students who withdraw for any reason must do so in writing. The postmark date will be honored as the withdrawal date. Please allow six weeks for processing.
All refunds that are issued in the form of a check, are made payable to the student. Refunds are made according to the following schedule:
- Withdrawal on or before May 16: 100 percent refund (minus the $45 nonrefundable application fee). No housing refunds will be issued after May 16.
- Withdrawal on or before May 31: 80 percent tuition refund only (minus the $45 nonrefundable application fee).
- Withdrawal after May 31: No refund
Students who apply to the program after May 16 must pay in full. If a student is asked to leave the program for violations of school policies or regulations, no refund will be issued.