International Students

International students are welcome to attend CCA’s Pre-College Program. Students in previous summers have come from many countries including Brazil, France, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey, and Thailand.

Pre-College is a wonderful way to pursue your artwork while experiencing American culture and college life.

Student Visa

If you are not a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, you are considered an international student and must obtain an F-1 student visa to participate in the Pre-College program.

You may not attend the program with a tourist visa (B1/B2) or visa waiver (ESTA) because while participating in the Pre-College program you will be studying full-time.

In order for international students to make travel and visa arrangements, they will be notified of admission and housing decisions two weeks after all required application materials are received.

Student Visa and I-20 Process

  1. Apply to CCA's Pre-College program and be accepted for admission. Once you have been admitted, we will email you the I-20 Request Form.
  2. Complete the I-20 Request Form and mail it, along with bank documents that show that you have sufficient funds to support your education at CCA and a copy of the biographical page of your passport, to the Pre-College Program Coordinator.

    After the above materials have been received, reviewed, and approved, the CCA I-20 will be created. We will send the I-20 to the address provided on the I-20 Request Form.

  3. Once you receive your I-20, pay the SEVIS I-901 fee (instructions will be included with your I-20) and make a visa appointment at the U.S. Consulate closest to where you live.

    You will then take your CCA I-20, the I-901 fee receipt, the original bank statement(s), and your CCA letter of acceptance to your visa interview to obtain an F-1 student visa for entry into the United States.

English Language Proficiency

International students must have strong English language skills; the program is conducted in English only.

If you are applying from a country where English is not the primary language, you must submit a letter from a school counselor or English teacher that describes your skills in listening to, speaking, reading, and writing English.

If you have completed the TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS, those scores should be submitted with the letter.

More for English Language Skills Development

CCA also offers the Summer High School English + Design Program. This three-week program develops English communication skills in context and explores the range of design disciplines at the college.