International students with an F1 Visa may work on campus as part of CCA’s institutional Work-Study program.


You are required to have a valid social security number before you can begin working. If you do not currently have a social security number (SSN), you will need to apply for one by following the steps below.

  • Complete all hiring documents
  • Meet with an international student advisor
  • Complete the Evidence of On-Campus Employment of F1 Status (International) students form
  • You will need to take several forms to the Social Security Administration office to apply for a social security card. (Please contact CCA's International Student Affairs and Programs (ISAP) office for additional information.)

About Receiving your Social Security Card

It usually takes two to six weeks to receive a social security card, but sometimes it is possible to get your social security number prior to receiving the actual card. You may not begin working until you receive your SSN. No exceptions.

Once you have received your SSN, your supervisor will submit your hiring forms to the student employment coordinator and then you may begin working.

Per federal regulations, international students may work only in on-campus positions. Also, while the college is in session, you may not work in excess of 20 hours per week. No exceptions.