Dan Whaley raised over $105K for his open-source platform for collaborative evaluation of information. WindowFarms raised over $250K for its simple approach to home gardens. Both startups found their backers through new crowdfunding sites devoted to helping entrepreneurs find a community of like-minded supporters.
CCA's DMBA program is proud to host a panel discussion on the latest developments in crowdfunding. Our featured speakers include the following:
- Kevin Lawton (moderator), author of The Crowdfunding Revolution
- Jenny Kassan, CEO, Katovich & Kassan Law Group
- Danae Ringelmann, Cofounder, IndieGoGo
- Paul Spinrad, Executive Editor, Make magazine
- Trevor Cornwell, Founder, CEO, Appbackr
- Shivani Ganguly, COO, Windowfarms -- Raised $257,000 on Kickstarter
- Dan Whaley, Founder, Hypothes.is -- Raised $105,000 on Kickstarter (plus matching funds)
The evening event is produced in collaboration with Green Owl Accelerator and Mix & Stir -- a new startup studio for design-led entrepreneurs hosted at CCA.
Seating available at 6 p.m., with panel beginning at 6:30 p.m. After the panel discussion, we'll host a loaded dessert table for all attendees. Panelists will be available to answer your questions and provide individual advice.
Street parking is available, but limited. We recommend allowing 10 minutes to find parking, or use the private parking lot at the California Culinary Academy, 350 Rhode Island Street (cross street Turk).
We anticipate this event will sell-out, so grab tickets now!