California College of the Arts (CCA) was invited to present a special exhibition at the American Craft Council's (ACC) 30th Anniversary Show held August 12–14 at Fort Mason in San Francisco. The work of 10 CCA alumni, selected by CCA faculty, will be featured in this special exhibition.
The 10 CCA alumni represented in the special exhibition are:
- Linda Lee Boyd, MFA 1984, Printmaking
- Sara Clugage, BFA 2005, Textiles
- Luana Coonen, BFA 2004, Jewelry/Metal Arts
- Eric Eiserling, BFA 1993, Glass
- Mike Farruggia, BFA 2002, Wood/Furniture
- Gavin Kermode, BFA 2004, Ceramics
- Mary Alison Lucas, BFA 2003, Ceramics
- Nora Merz, BFA 2005, Textiles
- Ann Morhauser, BFA 1979, Glass
- Barbara J. Rogers, MFA 1969, Printmaking
More than 10,000 people are expected to attend the ACC show, which is the largest juried crafts show in the West. The show includes jewelry, clothing, furniture, quilts, and sculptural and functional objects of clay, fiber, glass, metal, and wood. More than 300 artists from across the country will be participating. In addition to the alumni exhibition, many CCA alumni have taken exhibit space and will be selling their work at the show. For more information, visit the Craft Council website.