Learning Resource Center at CCA
CCA’s Learning Resource Center offers coaching in a variety of subjects, including writing skills, software, and academic English.
See Learning Resource Center for more information about coaching, including coaches’ schedules, and how to register for coaching.
English Support Outside of CCA
Many students find they benefit from additional English practice during the summer to maintain the language skills acquired during the year. If you are interested in taking summer classes, visit this List of English Programs in the Bay Area.
Driver’s licenses and California ID cards alike are issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Visit the website for information how to apply for a driver’s license, the latest version of the California Driver’s Handbook, and all necessary forms. Appointments can be made online.
Note: You do not need a social security number to apply for a driver's license or California ID card.
- BART is the metro system in the Bay Area. It is especially useful in getting back and forth between San Francisco and the East Bay.
- CalTrain provides train service between the South Bay / Peninsula area and San Francisco.
- MUNI is the bus system in San Francisco. It provides bus and trolley service within San Francisco.
- AC Transit is the bus system in Berkeley and Oakland. (Additionally, AC Transit operates a transbay bus that goes between Oakland and San Francisco.)
- 511.org is a good resource for planning trips using public transportation. It provides information and schedules for transit systems all around the Bay Area, including Muni and AC Transit.
- Google maps has a public-transit option for the Bay Area. It's a useful tool to plan trips.
- BART's app center has apps for iPhone, Android, and other platforms. It lets you plan trips and check schedules for BART.
- iCommute SF Lite for iPhone includes information from multiple transit agencies, allows you to find your closest transit stops, and offers bus and BART routes and maps.
- AroundMe for iPhones and Androids lets you find nearby hotels, banks, coffee shops, gas stations, etc.
- Review the Orientation Schedule.
- Look over the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines.
- Learn about community events, special lectures, exhibitions, and much more on CCA's events calendar.
- For information pertaining to CCA residential housing, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), which identifies recommended items to bring as well as those you can purchase once situated.
- The Cost of Attendance Worksheet gives an estimate of what it costs to attend CCA full-time for an academic year. This is revised annually.
Off-campus housing information is posted by CCA's Office of Residential Life on their Off-Campus Housing page.
- Campus Life
- Residential Life
- Student Activities & Leadership
- International Student Affairs/Programs
- Career Development
- Student Accounts
- Student Records
- Undergraduate Exhibitions
- Health Insurance | Wellness
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advising
- Learning Resources
- Disability/Access Services
- Intercampus Transportation
- Student Resources
- Student Handbook