Undergraduate Supplemental Portfolio Submission Guidelines
Do you have prior coursework or experience in your chosen major program? If so, you must submit a supplemental portfolio via Vault. A faculty member will review your submission and make recommendations for appropriate placement in your program. These recommendations will be used in the Undergraduate Early Registration process to place you in appropriate courses for your first semester.
- June 1 for fall admission
- December 1 for spring admission
Students who do not meet the deadline will be registered based on what we currently have on file, and it will be assumed that no additional placement needs exist.
Before getting started, it’s important that you understand what to submit for faculty review.
In determining whether or not you should submit a supplemental portfolio for review, please consider the following in compiling your submission.
- Am I meeting the guidelines provided in the program specific information?
- Am I demonstrating a thorough understanding of a specific skill or process?
- Am I showing a range of approaches?
If you have experience in one or more areas related to your chosen major program, please submit the requested number of images and/or movie files for each skill in which you wish to demonstrate your proficiency. If you have images from any college-level courses in your major program that you would like to include, please submit the requested number of images and/or movie files for each course. Please upload course descriptions, syllabi, and other relevant course material as JPG or PDF files.
- Image files must be at least 200 DPI and in JPG format
- Movie files must be less than 5 minutes and in MOV or MPEG4 format. However, URLs are recommended for 4D submissions like animated or film shorts.
- Course descriptions and syllabi should be submitted as JPG or PDF files
- All files should be named with the following convention: Last Name_Title of Work or Institution Name_Skill/Level Being Demonstrated for Review or Course Name. Examples:
Descriptions of work are required and may include: title of work, dimensions, medium, year, length of assignment, assignment type or personal project, explanation of research or process, etc. We recommend that you prepare this information in advance before uploading your work. See program specific information in the form itself for more guidance.
CCA uses Vault, an online archive, to store and catalog work by students and faculty. You will use Vault to submit your supplemental portfolio for review.
Upload to Vault: https://vault.cca.edu
- Campus Life
- Residential Life
- Student Activities & Leadership
- International Student Affairs/Programs
- Career Development
- Student Accounts
- Student Records
- Health Insurance | Wellness
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advising
- Learning Resources
- Disability/Access Services
- Shuttle Service
- Student Resources
- Student Handbook