Seeking to hire a CCA student or alumni? Employers: Post an open job/internship »
Career Development supports you in building an artist's life and creating careers that matter.
We provide a supportive environment in which to test ideas, seek real-world experience, connect to professionals in your field, and discover your professional path . . . and to dream big.
The college's Career Development team aims to empower CCA students and alumni with the tools and skills needed to launch their creative career aspirations. We are your partners in co-creating your career success. Learn about us »
In partnership with the college’s academic programs, Career Development prepares students to compete in today’s evolving workplace by making available these additional professional development opportunities:
- Annual Career Expo* for jobs & internships
- Building an Artist's Life Entrepreneur & Freelance Symposium
- Internship connections and application support
- Employer tech/art talks & portfolio reviews
- Career treks (off-campus employer site visits)
- Professional development workshops
- Employer info tables (Tuesdays at 11 a.m. in the Nave)
- Professional practice courses
- Career development expertise & strong professional connections
- Community & industry partnerships
- Collaborations with local art & design organizations & employers
- Graduate school application support & guidance
* Our 2014 annual Career Expo was a huge success! We were proud to host Intuit as our 2014 Gold Level Sponsor of what is our largest on-campus recruiting event.
Mark your calendar: Expo 2015 is February 20, 2015.
Career coaching helps you strategically focus on next steps. Through career-development strategies, your coach will help you to articulate your aspirations, develop a plan, and take action to effectively meet your objectives.
Our Career Development staff provides career coaching and tailored workshops on topics ranging from job-search strategies, networking skills, becoming a successful entrepreneur, preparing a winning résumé or curriculum vitae to interviewing practice and building solid artist business skills for your future.
Free Assessment Tools
We also offer various career assessment tools for students and alumni free of charge.
Contact us if you are interested in taking any of the following tools designed to support your career decision-making process in collaboration with a trained career coach:
- the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- the Strong Interest Inventory
- a career values assessment
- DeweyColor System
CCA’s alumni have been hired by some of the most exciting and innovative companies and organizations -- Adobe, Google, Leapfrog, Yahoo!, Williams-Sonoma, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art -- and have embarked on successful entrepreneurial businesses.
The Career Development team offers career coaching appointments for résumés, cover letters, internship research, and job-search techniques.
Visit the Career Development resources area in 80 Carolina on the San Francisco campus to research career tips and access print resources for career success.
Books may be borrowed for short periods of time through our lending program.
Contact our career associate for details.
Also, be sure to read the student FAQ.