Whether your discipline is fine arts, design, architecture, or the humanities, embracing networking events like the Career Expo is a critical step toward establishing your career.
What to Expect
Students and alumni do not need to pre-register for the Expo. Check-in tables will be in the Nave. Pick up a free tote bag and complete our Expo survey!
- Connect with creative directors & recruiters, designers, museums, and arts organizations to spark future opportunities.
- Show your portfolio and résumé.
- Share your vision.
- Practice professional preparedness techniques.
- Learn more about creative industries and make new contacts.
How to Prepare
- Read tips for getting the most from the Career Expo.
- Attend an Expo prep workshop (Fridays in February). Sign up!
- See the recruiter page and research all potential employer websites.
- Current students can also take advantage of the Writing Coaches to review résumés. Be sure to plan ahead.
- Discuss presentation, contents, and order of the work in your portfolio with your faculty members.
- Wear a professional outfit.
- Have business cards. (We recommend MOO and Vistaprint, but also consider Green Copy across the street from the Oakland campus.)
Attending CCA's Career Expo
- Approach as many companies as possible -- many are interested in students from across multiple disciplines.
- Introduce yourself (prepare an introduction), and then be prepared to ask questions.
- Pick up business cards and literature. Provide company representatives with your résumé or business card as appropriate.
- Inquire what's the best way to keep in touch after the Expo with representatives from companies that interest you.
Questions? Contact the Career Development Office.
Who Is Recruiting?
See which businesses have participated at CCA's Career Expo.
Post jobs & internships for the CCA community.
Register as a talent recruiter.
San Francisco: 80 Carolina, second floor (See map)
Oakland: Center for Art and Public Life, 5275 Broadway
California College of the Arts
Attn: Career Development
1111 Eighth Street
San Francisco CA 94107-2247