All members of the college community who leave either campus after dark are strongly encouraged to use the "Buddy System" and walk with someone you know.
If you are unable to walk with a "buddy" contact the Public Safety Department to request an escort.
Public Safety officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and available to perform this service*. Escorts are available in and around the Oakland Campus, San Francisco Campus and Webster Hall*.
Public Safety Officers are able to provide escorts up to six blocks around the campus and the Rockridge and 19th Street BART stations. At the San Francisco campus we can provide escorts to the bus stations that service the BART station and will wait a reasonable time for the bus to arrive.
We ask that community members requesting an escort plan accordingly so that our officers can assist them and get back to the campus in a timely manner in order not to inconvenience others who may be requesting assistance as well.
Anyone interested in requesting an escort can reach Public Safety on the appropriate campus by calling:
- 415-703-9510 from any off-campus or cell phone or just 9510 from any on-campus phone.
* Escort officers are available at Webster Hall 7 days a week, 8 p.m.–8 a.m.
San Francisco campus address
1111 Eighth Street
San Francisco CA 94107
Oakland campus address
Oakland CA 94618
Crime Reports: Oakland & SF Campuses
To view a year-by-year comparison of crime statistics for either campus (three years back up to the previous year), follow these instructions:
- Visit U.S. Dept. of Education: Campus Safety & Security
- Click the text in RED in the upper right-hand corner
- Type "California College of the Arts" in the institution field (Note: Just the college name is sufficient)
- Hit enter or "Search"
- Select either San Francisco or Oakland campus