Students may park on any of the city streets near the campus but should be careful not to block driveways or crosswalks; otherwise, their cars will be ticketed and towed by the Oakland Police Department.
Students may not park in the parking lot of the Arts Far West School on Clifton; those who do so will be towed.
Handicapped parking is available by state permit in the front of the faculty lot and on Clifton Street.
San Francisco Campus
Street parking is available at the San Francisco campus. Students should be aware of the 30-minute parking zone on the east end of Irwin Street, the white zone curb on Irwin, and the one-hour parking zone on Eighth Street. The San Francisco Police Department will ticket violators in these zones.
Parking motorcycles and scooters on the sidewalk may result in a ticket.
Cars parked alongside the sidewalk on Hooper Street may get ticketed.
Handicapped parking is available by state permit at the corner of Eighth Street and Irwin and in front of the CCA Student Center at 80 Carolina.
San Francisco campus address
1111 Eighth Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Oakland campus address
Oakland, CA 94618
Crime Reports: Oakland & SF Campuses
To view a year-by-year comparison of crime statistics for either campus (three years back up to the previous year), follow these instructions:
- Visit U.S. Dept. of Education: Campus Safety & Security
- Click the text in RED in the upper right-hand corner
- Type "California College of the Arts" in the institution field (Note: Just the college name is sufficient)
- Hit enter or "Search"
- Select either San Francisco or Oakland campus
- Student Handbook
- Academic Policies
- College Regulations
- Academic Integrity Code
- Campus Guidelines
- Communication & Correspondence
- Drug-Free School & Workplace Program
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act
- Mental Health Difficulties
- Missing-Student Policy
- Policy Prohibiting Sexual Misconduct
- Policy Review Petitions
- Reporting Sexual Misconduct/Harassment
- Reproduction of Student Work
- Student Code of Conduct
- Studio Use
- Crime Awareness & Public Safety
- Tuition & Fees Schedule