- How do I apply for a waiver?
Waiver applications must be completed and submitted online. The last day to waive the insurance for Fall 2015 was Friday, September 11, 2015. There are NO exceptions to this deadline. Students will have an opportunity to waive the health insurance for Spring 2016 in early December.
- Can I access the waiver site if I haven't registered for classes?
No, you must be registered for courses prior to accessing the waiver site.
If you are newly registered, it will take seven business days before you are entered into the system. You will not be able to log in during this time.
If it has been more than seven business days from the time you have registered, and you are still unable to log in, please email Director of Access & Wellness Services Suzanne Raffeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information:
- Date you registered for courses
- CCA ID number
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
Note: For students registering for the first time with fewer than 7 days from the insurance waiver deadline, please email email@example.com immediately so you can be entered into the online waiver system prior to the insurance waiver deadline.
- What are the deadlines for submitting my health insurance waiver application?
The application to waive participation in CCA's student health insurance must be completed and submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. on September 11, 2015 (for the fall 2015 term) or no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 29, 2016 (for the spring 2016 term).
- I already have personal health insurance. What benefits does my plan offer in order for me to waive participation in the CCA plan?
Your insurance plan must meet the following criteria to waive participation in CCA's health insurance plan:
- be owned, headquartered, and operated in the United States
- provide emergency care within 50 miles of CCA
- provide primary care services within 50 miles of CCA
- offer inpatient and outpatient mental-health benefits
- offer unlimited prescription benefits
- offer full coverage for all preexisting conditions
The insurance plan of all international students must also meet the additional criteria below in order to waive out:
- cover repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000 or more
- cover medical evacuation expenses of the international student to student's home country in the amount of $50,000 or more
J-1 international students must also meet California Department of State requirements in order to be waived:
- plan deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
- if a copy of your insurance policy is requested, you must be able to provide a copy written in English showing benefit amounts in US dollars.
- Do I have to complete a waiver application each academic year?
Yes. Your approved waiver is effective for the current academic year only. If you want to waive participation for the next academic year, you must file another waiver application.
- Do I have to complete a waiver application each semester?
No. If waived out of CCA's student health insurance plan for the fall semester, the student will automatically be waived out for the spring semester of the same academic year.
- What information is required to complete the waiver application?
You will need to know the answers to the waiver questions that apply to you, as well as your insurance company's name, group number, subscriber/medical ID # (number shown on your medical ID card), and your insurance company's phone number. To obtain this information, you can refer to a copy of your insurance identification card as well as a current Evidence of Coverage booklet, which you can obtain from your insurance company. You can also call your insurance company and ask them for this information.
Medi-Cal members: You will not have a group number. Please enter in zeros in the group number field.
- I do not have all the information to complete the waiver application. What should I do?
Do not log into the waiver site until you have all of the necessary information about your personal insurance in front of you.
You have two useful sources of information to help you complete your waiver application:
You can refer to your individual plan’s Evidence of Coverage booklet. The booklet is provided by your insurance company and describes all of your benefits and the limitations of those benefits.
If you cannot locate your booklet, check your insurance company’s website or call the customer service number on your insurance card and ask for help.
As a reminder, you will only have 15 minutes to complete and submit the waiver.
- How will I know if my waiver application has been approved or denied?
Once you submit your online waiver application, you will receive confirmation of your approval or denial upon completion.
Please check your CCA email for a record of your waiver application approval or denial. Please also keep a copy of that email confirmation for your records.
If you do not receive this email and if you do not receive an accepted or denied message, this means your waiver application was not submitted and you must log in again to submit your waiver application.
- If my waiver application is denied, what options do I have?
You will automatically be enrolled in CCA's student health Insurance plan.
If you choose to purchase a different insurance plan that meets the CCA waiver requirements and wish to resubmit a waiver application before the waiver deadlines, please email Director of Access & Wellness Services Suzanne Raffeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have waived the CCA Student Health Insurance, but I no longer have comparable personal health insurance. What should I do?
You are required to maintain comparable health insurance at all times during the academic year. If your health insurance coverage is terminated for any reason, you are required to enroll in CCA's student health Insurance plan.
To enroll in the plan you must immediately contact Director of Access & Wellness Services Suzanne Raffeld at email@example.com.
- What if I have already been approved for a waiver in the online system, but now wish to reverse that and participate in the college’s health insurance?
If you wish to enroll in the college’s health insurance plan, but have already been approved for a waiver, you can enroll by emailing Director of Access and Wellness Suzanne Raffeld at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 11, 2015 (for the fall 2015 term) or on or before 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 29, 2016 (for the spring 2016 term).
- Campus Life
- Residential Life
- Student Activities & Leadership
- International Student Affairs/Programs
- Career Development
- Student Accounts
- Student Records
- Health Insurance | Wellness
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advising
- Learning Resources
- Disability/Access Services
- Shuttle Service
- Student Resources
- Student Handbook