Located at the entrance to the Oakland campus, Clifton Hall, designed by Bay Area architect Mark Horton and completed in 2002, houses 120 first-year students.
The residence hall is located in the Rockridge District, a charming residential neighborhood. Nearby College Avenue is populated with a diverse range of restaurants, bookstores, cafés, and retail stores. The Rockridge shopping center is adjacent to the college and offers a supermarket, a drugstore, restaurants, and other resources.
Clifton Hall our largest first-year community. It comprises 54 doubles, a triple, and 2 quads (arranged as suite-style living).
See rates for the current academic year posted on the main Residential Halls page.
- 3 common lounges equipped with TVs, DVD players, couches, and tables
- 3 kitchens (each includes two stove tops, two ovens, and two microwaves)
- microwave/refrigerator units provided in each room.
- high-speed internet jacks in each room and wireless
- laundry facilities located on the first floor
- 24/hr front-desk operation located on the first floor
- mailboxes located on the first floor
- composed of students aged 17–19 years old
- coed community by suite
- shared baths by suite and in-room vanities
- individually controlled heat
- located across the street from the first-year studios
- Safeway/CVS shopping plaza within .5 mile