Located on the Oakland campus, CCA’s original residence hall, Irwin Hall has as much of a history as the Oakland campus itself.
The residence hall is located in the Rockridge District, a charming residential neighborhood. Nearby College Avenue is populated with a diverse range of restaurants, bookstores, cafés, and retail stores.
The Rockridge shopping center is adjacent to the college and offers a supermarket, a drugstore, restaurants, and other resources.
Irwin Hall is one of our first-year communities and houses 34 first-year students. It is composed of 17 double rooms arranged as suite-style living.
See rates for the current academic year posted on the main Residential Halls page.
- a common lounge equipped with televisions, DVD players, couches, and tables
- a kitchen which includes 2 stove tops, 2 ovens, and 2 microwaves
- microwave/refrigerator units provided in each room.
- high-speed internet jacks in each room
- laundry facilities located across the street on the ground floor of Clifton Hall
- 24/hr front desk operation located on the ground floor of Clifton Hall
- mailboxes located on the ground floor of Clifton Hall
- composed of students aged 17–19 years old
- coed community by suite
- shared baths by suite
- located across the street from first-year studios
- Safeway/CVS shopping plaza within .5 mile