Welcome to Human Resources at California College of the Arts
Our goal is to create an environment that allows employees to do their best work. We’re committed to leading HR initiatives and partnering with the CCA community to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent. Providing the full scope of HR services for employees and managers, we’re allies in fostering the college’s mission to inspire and cultivate artists who help change the world.
This is a great time to join CCA
As we embark on our strategic vision to offer students a state-of-the-art, interdisciplinary, educational experience on our expanded San Francisco campus, you too can be part of this journey. Check out our careers and learn more about what makes CCA a great place to work.
Explore our home without leaving yours on a virtual tour
Visit our creative campus from wherever you are. As you tour shops, studios, and residence halls, you'll hear stories from those who know CCA best—our students and faculty—and experience the spaces where we gather and create. Take a tour.
Join our diverse workforce to make a difference
We recognize that our greatest asset is our talented community, and for over a century, we’ve focused on developing a community of innovators and community engagers to uphold CCA’s mission while advancing social and environmental responsibility. CCA is an equal-opportunity employer.
Our inspired faculty teach and empower students to create work that makes the world a better place. CCA supports faculty with development opportunities through workshops and training because we’re committed to an outcome of excellence in teaching. We’re always looking for passionate individuals to join the team and help foster creativity here at CCA.
Applying for job opportunities is simple. Here’s a quick overview of the staff job application process:
- Review current job openings and search by keyword, location, or job type.
- Upload your resume and complete the online application.
- You’ll receive an auto-generated email confirmation after you’ve successfully submitted your application.
- Your application will be reviewed by the hiring manager. Top qualified candidates will be contacted to arrange for a phone screen/interview.
- Some positions are subject to a background check.
- Hiring managers will contact successful candidates with an offer of employment and details about completing the hiring process.
- For updates about the hiring process or benefits questions, please reach out to [email protected].
The college’s Career Development team empowers CCA students and alumni with the tools and skills needed to launch and grow their creative careers.
Get competitive benefits
At CCA, we work hard to maintain affordable and comprehensive benefit options to help care for our benefits-eligible employees and their families. Here are some key benefit highlights:
- Choice of five medical plans including PPO, HMO, and HDHP options. CCA covers an average of 91% of the plan cost for employee only and an average of 82% for employees with dependents.
- Choice of two dental plans and a vision plan.
- Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost that offers resources and work-life services to help and support employees.
- Supplemental voluntary benefits such as additional life insurance, critical illness, accident, hospitalization, and legal coverage.
- 2.5% retirement match that is 100% vested after two years of service.
- Tuition Remission benefits allow regular staff and faculty (as well as their spouse, domestic partner, or dependent children) to take undergrad and/or extended education classes at no additional cost for employees.
- Earn up to 20 days of vacation per year (with 5 year tenure), 12 days of sick leave per year, and enjoy up to 21 CCA holidays.
Whether you’re looking for job opportunities or you’re a current CCA employee, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have.
Office of Human Resources
For general questions, please email [email protected]
For benefits questions, please email [email protected]
For payroll questions, please email [email protected]
Human Resources team
Please visit our HR staff page to view contact information for our team and to learn who to contact for specific human resources-related needs.
The CCA Cares team provides assistance, intervention, prevention, and referral services to the college community. To learn how to refer a student or seek assistance for yourself or another faculty or staff member, please view the CCA Cares page.
Title IX Coordinator
View the college’s sexual misconduct policy for information on Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and how to get in contact with the CCA administrators responsible for this policy, including Title IX Coordinator and Vice President of Human Resources Maira Lazdins.
Frequently asked questions about CCA staff employment
Explore our FAQs below for quick answers to a range of employment-related questions, including topics like background checks, resumes for applications, and more general questions about the hiring process.