New to the Learning Resource Center? Read First Steps, below.
Schedule an Appointment
Students must first sign in to their cca.edu email to review the coaching schedules prior to making an appointment with a coach. (Printed versions of the schedules are available at the Learning Resources Center (LRC) or at the main desk of either campus library.)
Before setting up a coaching appointment:
- Review the appropriate coaching schedule to ensure desired coaching is currently being offered.
- Familiarize yourself with CCA's coaching procedures and policies. Be certain to schedule your session in advance. (Like you, coaches are students who have midterms and finals.)
- Decide what's needed for the coaching session to be helpful. Prepare a list of questions and concerns to address during the session. (This will help the coach better manage the time.)
- Bring your textbook, syllabus, class notes, all assignment handouts, and your essay draft (if applicable).
- Consider coming for regular weekly meetings. (One session may address a single project, but ongoing assistance may improve your overall skills.)
- Trust the coach can assess your learning needs and will advise the best way to work together -- be it short- or longer-term.
Late Arrival & Cancelation Policy
If you cannot keep an appointment you’ve scheduled, you must cancel 24 hours before the appointment by using the coach’s ScheduleOnce calendar or email.
A same-day cancelation is considered a no-show. More than two no-shows results in the loss of the free coaching privilege for the rest of the semester.
Coordinator of Learning Resources
Virginia C. Jardim, MAT, ET/P
email@example.com or 510.594.3756
Irwin Hall 213
- Campus Life
- Residential Life
- Student Activities & Leadership
- International Student Affairs/Programs
- Career Development
- Student Accounts
- Student Records
- Undergraduate Exhibitions
- Health Insurance | Wellness
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advising
- Learning Resources
- Disability/Access Services
- Intercampus Transportation
- Student Resources
- Student Handbook